Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how ANZ Institute uses your Personal Data.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about you processed by ANZI, including without limitation your name, age, gender, nationality, identity card/passport number, your contact details, your image or photograph, your academic and professional credentials, your employer details, payment details and all such other information which may identify you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by ANZ from time to time and also includes sensitive personal data (as identified below). ANZ also collects some personal data that may be regarded as sensitive personal data such as your health and criminal records.
- ANZI may collect or obtain your Personal Data from a variety of sources including without limitation:-
Your Personal Data may also be collected and processed by ANZI in the form of photo capturing or video recording, for the purpose of publications, webcast relay, surveillance of premises or for ANZI’s records, as deemed relevant.
The provision of your Personal Data is mandatory if you wish to register as a member of ANZI and/or if you wish to attend marketing events, forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training courses, certification courses and/or examinations organized by or through ANZI. Please note that if you do not provide your Personal Data, ANZI may not be able to register you as a member of ANZI and provide you with the benefits offered to ANZI members and you may not be able to attend the marketing events, forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training/certification courses, or examinations conducted by or through ANZI.
- when you register as a member with ANZI;
- when you register for marketing events, forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training courses, certification courses and/or examinations with ANZI either through ANZ directly or through your employer;
- when you access or use ANZI’s website (the “Website”) and ANZI Online (the “Applicant portal, Student portal and Membership portal”) at http://www.anzilms.com/
- when your employer provides your Personal Data to ANZI for purposes of training /certification courses and/or examinations;
- when feedback or complaints are made about you pursuant to ANZI’s Complaints and Investigation Regulations;
- when you communicate or interact with ANZI through social media platforms or social networking sites; and
- when you participate in our social media campaigns and surveys.
Purposes of Processing
ANZI may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of ANZI which shall include (the “Purposes”):-
- to process your application to register as a member of ANZI and our learning partners;
- to process your application to enroll in forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training/certification courses, or examinations;
- to communicate with you in relation to your membership with ANZI or related to the forums, conferences, seminars, workshops, training/certification courses or examinations you have enrolled for;
- to process your examination results and award for certification courses;
- for internal administrative and analysis purposes of ANZI, including to publish your name and membership number in ANZI’s annual report;
- to help ANZ develop its business, activities, products and services; (g) to invite you to events and functions organized by ANZI;
- to process any complaints about you submitted pursuant to ANZI’s Complaints and Investigation Regulations;
- for purposes of investigations (including investigations within or outside ANZI), detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for ANZI to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to ANZ using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as
ANZI may also use and process your data for other purposes (“Additional Purposes”) such as:-
identified from (a) to (j) above.
ANZI may contact you for the Purposes and Additional Purposes either by way of telephone calls, emails, short messaging service, post, facsimile, social media or any other form of communication available.
- to take your photograph or picture at events/functions/training sessions organized by ANZI for non-profit making reasons including the Institute’s newsletter, annual report, website, and social media platforms/social networking sites;
- to provide, market and/or promote to you products and services that are or may be offered by ANZI or its partners, such as other businesses or certification bodies;
- to identify products and services which may be relevant to you from other partners, suppliers and/or third parties.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia for purposes related to examination, certification, membership and administration. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
For the Purposes and Additional Purposes, ANZI may share your Personal Data with:
- your employer for the purposes related to your membership, learning progress, examination and certification;
- your potential employer or recruitment agencies for purposes related to your membership, e.g. confirming your membership with ANZI;
- ANZ’s third party service providers for the purposes of carrying out their services;
- ANZ’s partners, such as other certification bodies;
- ANZ’s professional advisors and external auditors;
- ANZ’s committees, tribunals and personnel/staff;
- Other professional bodies of which you are a member, in cases where there has been a complaint about you made pursuant to ANZI’s Complaints and Investigation Regulations;
- any agent acting on behalf of ANZI;
- statutory and regulatory authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request access or correction to your Personal Data held by ANZI, submit your queries or complaints about the processing of your Personal Data, limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or withdraw your consent for the Additional Purposes by contacting:-
Suite 203, Level 2 . 7 Help Street, Chatswood,New South Wales 2067
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, ANZ has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy. By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorised to provide their personal data to ANZI and you have obtained their consent for their personal data to be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
ANZI shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with ANZI, by using ANZI’s services or continuing to be a member of ANZ following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the version in English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.